We Are Hiring!
Nature Connect is currently seeking:
Part Time Communications Coordinator
Applications will be received until the positions are filled. Please see below for the job descriptions. To apply, please email and indicate which position interests you.
Nature Connect Facilitator Requirements:
You love being with children
You have a strong connection with nature
You are inherently positive, energetic, curious, and kindhearted
You are thoughtful, alert, aware, and able to keep children safe in the outdoors
You are comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
You are comfortable sitting on the ground, getting dirty, handling insects, and other small creatures
You are interested in learning/further growth in naturalist studies and mentoring
You are curious and able to learn new ways of interacting with children
You are solid in yourself and able to interact with children and parents with love and respect
You are physically fit and able to crouch, dig, climb, hike, and carry up to 40-50lbs
While it is not necessary to have all of these skills, they would be helpful.
You have worked with kids
You have worked with nature-based programs
You have nature/primitive skills training
You are currently certified in CPR/First Aid for children and adults
If you are drawn to working with us, please apply. To apply, please email and express your interest in a position. Please only apply if you have an absolute love for children, a happy heart, a playful spirit and a strong relationship with the natural world. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Communications Coordinator Job Description
Organization: Nature Connect runs academic- year daily programs and seasonal camps. We offer youth programs that engage participants in deep nature connection.
Our programs include exploring outdoors, animal tracking, bird language, nature & sensory awareness, storytelling, edible & medicinal plants, mentorship, empowerment, primitive skills & crafts, and lots of fun and play
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Communications Coordinator carries the VOICE of Nature Connect with strong leadership in design and written communication. Strategic marketing and communications builds capacity by integrating external communications plan that incorporates all of social media and traditional press. The Communications Coordinator leads Nature Connect communications as the driving energy to communicate mission and execute on sales goals for program recruitment and retention.
Strategic Communications Details:
● Helps to create a Nature Connect Voice that reflects values.
● Capture and/or share the stories and reflections of program participants’ experiences.
● Attends monthly meetings with staff to inform on that month’s marketing and communication needs.
● Work collaboratively with core staff to develop communications/marketing materials and strategies, which promote specific campaigns, programs and services.
● Creating an e-newsletter schedule, voice, and look.
● Managing e-newsletters - one per month.
● Manage and/or oversee Facebook & Instagram accounts
● Create strategic campaigns to increase Facebook followers by 500-1,000 per year.
DESIGN & ART DIRECTION:
● Working with contracted Graphic Designers for flyering and advertising, if Communications Coordinator does not hold graphic design skills.
PUBLIC & PRESS RELATIONS:
● Writing &/or proofing all Press Releases & distributing with the coordinating staff as primary contact.
● Building relationships with local and national media outlets and pitching powerful stories.
Increase traffic to website
Key Areas of Responsibility
Communications & Marketing
● Establish and maintain protocols and procedures for the development and use of communications and marketing materials and initiatives. Serves as the “marketing hub” for the organization and ensures that program/service-specific materials and messages are consistent w/ the overall brand and approach.
● Develop creative and effective print and electronic marketing/public awareness materials that utilize personalized stories and testimonials, as well as engaging images.
● Experience and proficiency in the scope of work outlined above
● Excellent written & oral communication skills
● Professional, exercises good time management, and pays attention to details
● Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and in groups; ability to inspire and lead other staff
● Creativity and ability to think and design with dynamism and relevant ingenuity
● Graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite or Canva) (desired, not required)
● Highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities
● Comfortable working from multiple locations
● Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Mailchimp, Google Drive, and daily access to internet
● Ability to attend regular staff meetings via phone or in person (every 4-6 weeks)
Experience with marketing for program enrollment (desired, not required)
● Connection ● Communication ● Purposeful and relevant
● Collaboration ● Professional ● Personable & quality service
● JOB HOURS: 10-18 hours/month (2.5-4.5 hours/week on average) (Part time)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE & DURATION: Independent Contractor; ability to commit to at least one year of work
CONTRACT FEE & BENEFITS: $12-15/hr depending on experience; paid at end of every month
● Participation in education programs available (i.e. class credit)
● Opportunity to work in a supportive team environment whose working culture is fun, dynamic,
connective, and personally rewarding.
● Opportunity for mentorship and learning within the 8 Shields Leadership Model
● Opportunity to be contributing one’s skills to an initiative aiming to have positive impact, and provide
vitality and healing for our future generations.